You can never have enough pallets cluttering up the layout. They are easy to make.
- Get a box of FLAT toothpicks.
- Cut 1/2" pieces out of the toothpicks, you can usually get two pieces out of the middle of each toothpick.
- Place a loop of masking tape, sticky-side out, on your workbench.
- Build the pallet upside down. Place five or six pieces in a row on the tape, leaving a little gap between each.
- Place three pieces across, and glue with white glue.
- Allow to dry then pop them off the tape.
Note: real pallets have three layers of boards. I tried this but they appeared too thick, so I just use the two layers as shown. No one has noticed.